Successful Moments!

On this page, you will find collections of stories revolving around people talking about their most successful math class, and some of the steps they took toward achieving such an amazing feat! These stories are meant to inspire others to find different strategies people use to succeed in math class, and maybe even see how some of these principles can apply to our everyday lives.

Did really well in a math class that one time? Something that you were really proud of? Click here to submit.

Calc II, Spring 2015 @ Hunter College

At this time in my life: I loved math. I was super excited to finally take Calc II, coming off of AP Calculus in high school — AND OOF! Once I was in that class… wow…

In order to prepare, I would read ahead in the textbook, being very patient with myself and understanding that I may not understand everything that went on in a particular chapter. Then, I would go to lecture and focus all of my energy into listening to the professor. Finally, I would go home and look up a video on the same topic in order to receive the information from a unique perspective!

I ended up with an A+ in the class! And best of all, this grade put me on the Dolciani Math Learning Center’s radar to be a tutor! AND I’VE NEVER LOOKED BACK!!!

— Luis Feliciano, Math Instructor @ Guttman Community College + Hunter College